Tuesday, May 29, 2012

New Poetry by Stuart Barnes











At the Synagogue

Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him
Psalms 37:7

A Festival of Lights, of Dedication.
A night of celebration. A picture show in Perth.

In ruffled outskirts Balaclava'd guardsex-
IDFinterrogate the ones who wait with patience

my Holy Joes, their daughter, nappy rifled. I burnish
each menorah, then glare nairs in every sexton.



- Stuart Barnes 2012



The Führer

strait-razored my lustrous black hair to cushion submarines'
machinery, to weave clothing, felt and blankets for his stormtroopers
(from my fine white scalp Eva Braun handsewed a lampshade).

uprooted every molar, gold melted into Switzerland's
ingots. cleaved my right breast (had I had the brawn of an
Amazon his heart would have been dissected); my left arm, tattooed

bluely, plies the spines of breathless Shepherds.
lastly mined my vagina for pearls, soaped his cock,
his balls and his arsehole with my adipose tissue.

From his bedside dresser my skull, like Yorick's, mocks.

†on watching Paragraph 175


- Stuart Barnes 2012




No comments: