Monday, September 16, 2013

New Poetry by Ivan Jenson









Cougar alert

lady
you wear your heart
on your sleeve
which makes for 
a very sincere 
and bloody mess
you also have 
all but spelled out
the grammatically      
incorrect plans 
you have for me
and your frankly 
forward propositions would
have to be bleeped
out on prime-time TV
and I retreat
from your advances 
because you scared
the smile right off my face
when you hiked your skirt
licked your lips
and winked 
when I was only 
asking for change
for a dollar
so that I could 
feed the starving meter
where I parked


- Ivan Jenson 2013


Ivan Jenson’s Absolut Jenson painting was featured in Art News, Art in America, and Interview magazine. His art has sold at Christie’s, New York. His poems have appeared in Word RiotZygote in my CoffeeCamroc Press ReviewHaggard and HaloPoetry Super HighwayMad SwirlUnderground Voices MagazineBlazevox, and many other magazines, online and in print. Jenson is also a Contributing Editor for Commonline magazine.

No comments: