Thursday, January 06, 2022

New Poetry by Daniel Birnbaum










The blackcap

How would I like
once

someone stopping by me
and saying

did you see on that tree
the blackcap

I think I can already count
on the blackcap’s cooperation 


Mushrooms

The little girl
I teach her how to search for mushrooms
to recognize them
to distinguish the good from the bad

but perhaps
it is already telling too much
about our world


Images

He offers me a beer
and opens the fridge

the door is covered with stickers and magnets
and his arms of tattoos

I wonder if he collects images
to embellish a world where
only fridges open on something concrete


- © Daniel Birnbaum 2022


Daniel Birnbaum, a recently retired molecular biologist and MD, lives near Aix-en-Provence, in France. He has written 25 books, including The colour of shadow/La couleur de l’ombre, Alba Publishing (2019), and has appeared in several journals including, in English, Blue Heron Review, Dragon Poet Review, Frogpond, Minnow Lit Mag, Modern Haiku, One-Sentence Poems, Poetry Quarterly, Red Wolf Journal, Shot Glass Journal, Skylark, The Lake and Trouvaille review.

 

No comments: