Monday, November 14, 2022

New Poetry by Simon Christiansen










Lightspeed

Green
I am permitted to move
But I remain at rest
Emerald raindrops glitter in the night

Yellow
From emeralds to nuggets of gold
Engines wake from their slumber
I stand on the yellow brick road

Red
Roar of engines, squeaking of tires
Blood spatter on my coat
Rubies hit the road

Yellow
Grinding of brakes, cessation of movement
I require no transition
I bask in the light from a miniature sun

Green
I am permitted to move


- © Simon Christiansen 2022


Simon Christiansen is a writer and indie game designer living in Denmark. His stories have appeared in anthologies of Danish science fiction, Lackington’s, and Nature Futures. He has also written several award-winning works of interactive fiction. More information about his work can be found at www.sichris.com.

No comments: