Sunday, April 19, 2020

New Poetry by Jean Bohuslav










careful  

as soon as my mouth opened
i knew it wouldn’t end up pretty
like a slow crash about to happen
a dream with no brakes heading towards a swamp

my personal flippant statement
was like a razor blade smoothie to the doc
old friends would have laughed 
with years of experience behind them
the young doctor only saw change
a cool sea breeze turning tornado

a memory test followed which incorporated script
i did write the cat flew over the fence 
but quickly told her i know cats don’t fly

explanations had often been too much effort
teetering on the edge of chalk and cheese
 it did cross my mind to say
i’m an artist who dallies in poetry
we’re a little flowery with words at times 

my normal certainly wasn’t her basket of fish
she might understand one day
i laughed in bed that night
could have flown an aircraft through
her rectangled state of mouth
as my sharing blasted her rigid

i’ll have to go back another time 
to have the blood pressure checked
to tell her how my back might have been dislocated
as I my husband shifted me across the bed

on second thoughts
that might give rise to an unholy investigation 
too much information
just keep it simple
sweet

by the way
the theory of being allergic to husbands
eventuating in hives if cooped up too long together
may be plausible
the manner in which it is delivered can be the problem


- © Jean Bohuslav 2020


Jean Bohuslav enjoys the company of writers on the Surf Coast of Torquay Victoria Australia. She continues to progress at times due to the written word in more ways than expected.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great see yet another poem from Jean who is developing a very unique and witty style. More please!
John B