Monday, October 03, 2022

New Poetry by Fotoula Reynolds










September-gold

Sometimes life feels like
The tiny artful twists of a bonsai
Choreographing me to the places
I am meant to be

With full authority
Rising, climbing the air
Like the sunflower that I am
Mysterious and becoming
Dancing into destiny

Feeling safe and hidden
Behind a weeping willow’s
Curtain-like branches, I’m moved
To beyond all that I know

Treading lightly on seeds
That are September-gold
I navigate a spider web thread
And see the pattern within
Emotion-weave into my soul

On a path of unendingness
My heart travels a landscape
Through butterfly-eyes
I breathe a clean language

On the rotating weather wheel
I am further than middle age
I no longer follow a map and
I trust the season of change


- © Fotoula Reynolds 2022


Fotoula Reynolds is a writer of poetry, born in Australia of Greek heritage. She convenes a poetry group in her local community and regularly attends and participates in spoken word events in and around the city of Melbourne. She is the author of three poetry collections with her fourth due for release late October 2022 titled: Kairos. Fotoula is published widely in journals, reviews, anthologies and magazines and has been nominated for the Pushcart Prize. Also by Fotoula Reynolds: The sanctuary of my garden (2018), Silhouettes (2019), Along the Macadam Road (2020)





No comments: