Monday, April 29, 2019

New Poetry by Danny P. Barbare










Just to Say Says the Janitor

Says
the
janitor

each
day
I
learn
something
new

how
happiness
works

with
a
golden
straw
broom.


At Work

Everywhere, says the janitor with a 
   broom and a
   dustpan in the Doctor’s
   office
pictures can take me,
like the Campbell Covered
   Bridge in autumn 
time and the old Bridge to Asheville
   in the greenery.


 The Janitor’s Faith

Says the janitor, if I
   don’t
have my health I don’t
   have nothing
except my faith in an
   old straw broom
to sweep my troubles
   into a dustpan.


- Danny P. Barbare 2019


Danny P. Barbare resides in Greenville, SC. He attended Greenville Technical College. His poetry has recently appeared in Columbia College Literary Review and Cardinal Sins. His poetry has been nominated for Best of Net and has won The Jim Gitting's Award. He lives with his wife and family and small dog Miley in the Upstate of the Carolinas.

No comments: