Wednesday, July 06, 2022

New Poetry by William Ross










Point-blank

Our long shadows slid over the snow,
legs dancing. The sun hit all the high notes.
When I finally looked up,

years had past. I was old and
you were vapour, 
a flame-breathing chimera. 

I remember the snow melting.
I cooked meat over a fire
and swam in the cold water.

I threw a stone at the horizon
and saw no dip in the line of flight.
Now, there is gravity and counting days


- © William Ross 2022


William Ross is a typography enthusiast who wrote the Introduction to Epistles to the Torontonians (Oak Knoll Press). He lives in Toronto, Canada on land that was the traditional territory of many nations including the Mississauga of the Credit, the Anishnabeg, Chippewa, Haudenosaune and Wendat peoples.

No comments: