Monday, March 07, 2022

New Poetry by Jason Beale










A Marriage

My wife is sleeping by my side,
I hear her breathing in and out
in the chilly, early morning air.

Now, after nine years together,
we coexist with question marks,
pinning down fears and doubts
as most of us do in our hearts.

That's life is her favourite phrase
and There's nothing you can do -
anodynes for the troubled mind
she takes as ontological proofs.

But day by day we thrive as one,
surviving trials that always come,
holding closer, each to the other.

My wife turns over in her sleep
and reaching out my hand, I touch
her warm arm with my fingertips,
thinking of something called love.


- © Jason Beale 2022


Jason Beale is a writer from Melbourne. His poetry has been selected to appear later this year in Quadrant and The Canberra Times.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great to see some of your poetry Jay. Enjoyed it & thought provoking too. Show us more….xx Vicki